1. Dùng "those"chỉ người/vật đã được xác định từ trước
=You use those to refer to people or things which have already been mentioned/You use those to refer to someone or something when you are going to give details or information about them.
- Theoretically he had control over more than $400 million in U.S. accounts.
- But, in fact, it was the U.S. Treasury and State Department who controlled those accounts.
- I was helped by people who cared and I shall never be able to thank those people enough.
- Those people who took up weapons to defend themselves are political prisoners.
- The point of home bread-making is to avoid those additives used in much commercial baking.
- He did buy me those daffodils a week or so ago.
- I have been putting pressure on the council to fill in those potholes.
- I believe they've doubled their turnover since those advertisements appeared.
- ...those embarrassing moments we all have.
2. Dùng "those" cho các vật ở xa (người nói chỉ tay đến vật đó)
=You use those when you are referring to people or things that are a distance away from you in position or time, especially when you indicate or point to them.
3. Dùng "those" để tránh lặp từ
=You use those to introduce more information about something already mentioned, instead of repeating the noun which refers to it.
- The interests he enjoys most are those which enable him to show off his talents.
- The cells of the body, especially those of the brain, need circulating blood.
4. Dùng "those" với nghĩa "people"
=You use those to mean 'people'.
- A little selfish behaviour is unlikely to cause real damage to those around us.
- A number of leading opposition figures were said to be among those arrested.