I. Surpass là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa "hơn, vượt, trội hơn, vượt mức mong đợi"
=to be better or greater than something else / to be even better than what was expected or hoped for
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- India’s population now surpasses that of Africa.
- Winning the gold medal surpassed my wildest dreams.
- It will be hard to surpass this very high score (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Sẽ khó mà vượt qua được số điểm rất cao này)
- Could anyone surpass him in skill? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Có ai khéo hơn anh ta không?)
- His time for the 100 metres surpassed the previous world record by one hundredth of a second.
- The book's success has surpassed everyone's expectations.
- The director has really surpassed himself (= done better than he has done before) with this new film.